Unfortunately, this is exactly the set of problems that we are currently facing. A combination of our lifestyle and dietary choices, stress, use of medications and alcohol coupled with the pervasive amounts of estrogenic pollutants found in plastics and our water supply are the reasons why estradiol levels are climbing in men. In fact, we now see men with estrogen levels higher than that of many women. As estrogen rises in men, testosterone drop and mammary gland tissue begins to grow (creating male breasts). This problem is so common that male breast reduction is now the fastest growing surgery in
And it is this elevated estrogen level which will reduce the T/E ration and reduce the critical anabolic to catabolic ratio. An ideal testosterone to estradiol level is 40 to 60:1. In assessing thousands of men via saliva testing, we find that less than 10% achieve these critical ratios and over 75% of them are less then 35 years old!
Saliva testing is an excellent method to inexpensively test the important male hormones including estradiol, the most active form of estrogen. If testing shows that your estradiol levels are high and/or free testosterone levels are low or low normal, you are using testosterone or prohormone support, you desire increased abdominal fat loss or you want to protect your prostate the following protocol is suggested.
(1) Lean out! Fat cells, especially in the abdominal region, produce the aromatase enzyme, which converts testosterone into estrogen. Eliminate alcohol, wheat, commercial dairy, caffeine, soy and any sugars especially in sodas, juices and energy drinks and waters. Only use xyltiol or stevia to sweeten.
(2) Reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption to enable your liver to better remove excess estrogens.
(3) Reduce exposure to plastics containing bisphenol A and phtlates.
(4) Reduce or eliminate and medications that you are regularly taking that may interfere with your healthy liver function. Common medications include NSAIDs (e.g. ibuprofen, acetaminophen, aspirin), the "statin" class of cholesterol lowering drugs, some heart and blood pressure medications, and some anti-depressants.
(5) Increase the amount of cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, kale these promote the liver to metabolize and excrete excess estrogen. Consider the use of DIM product or Phytogreens formula if you can not eat more of these important vegetables.
(6) Optimize vitamin D and essential fatty acid levels. You can determine your current levels of these critical . factors at home by clicking here to get everything you need to assess your vitamin D and essential fatty acid levels at-home. to find out today.
Or click here get started today with four scientifically and clinically proven products such as Pharmax Finest Pure EPA/DHA and NanoVitamin D Spray.
(7) Optimize zinc levels. Zinc functions as an aromatase inhibitor for some men. Get 75 mg a day of zinc picolinate for 3 months. Afterwards switch to a wholefoods based zinc such as Innate Response 2 tablets daily. Assess your levels of zinc at www.bioletics.com with the Spectracell Mircornutrient Analysis.
(8) Use a nutritional formulas such as Defense Nutrition Estrox Estrogen Inhibitior to help the body clear and process excess estrogen and/or Driven Sports Triazole to block conversion of testosterone to estrogen.
(9) If after six months, the above protocol does not lower excess estradiol levels, then it is recommended that you try the prescription medicine Arimidex (anastrozole), a potent aromatase-inhibiting drug starting at the low dose of 0.5 mg, twice a week increasing to a maximum of 1.0 mg daily. Side effects from this medication is rare.
In conclusion: While testosterone is the ‘master’ male hormone if you have too little or too much estrogen, you will never be able to look and feel your best.